Don’t get me wrong, fantasy baseball drafts are great and they offer plenty of opportunities to flex your mental muscles. Drafts, however, cannot compare to the intensity and challenges of the auction format. Every auction is unique, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be prepared. With a little help from that scrubbin’ bubbles dude, we’ve scoured the fantasy industry for the best articles focused on Fantasy Baseball Auction Strategy, so that you can take what you want from each and come away with your own master plan.
While sometimes articles are of use only in a given season, many articles on auction strategy are timeless in nature and offer ideas that can be put into use at any time. With that in mind, we’ll include auction strategy links for 2021 as they emerge, but make sure you also check out some of the older ones further down the page. As always no matter how many corners we’ve looked in we probably missed some good sources of fantasy baseball auction strategy. Don’t be selfish. Share! Let us know in the comments below or drop us a line on our Link Submission Page.
Fantasy Baseball Auction Strategy for 2022
Whether it’s the lockout or the extreme cold weather, not many sites have produced any auction strategy pieces thus far. As draft season progresses we’ll add new content as it becomes available.
- Fantasy Baseball Auction Strategy for 2022 – Doug Anderson, FantraxHQ.com
- Fantasy Baseball Auction Strategy for NL- and AL-Only Leagues – Doug Anderson, FantraxHQ.com
Auction Strategy from Previous Years
- The 10 Commandments of Auction Drafts – Dan Richards, PitcherList.com
- Strategy and Tips for Fantasy Baseball Auction Drafts – Tristan H. Cockcroft, ESPN.com
- Fantasy Baseball Auction Tips: Best Strategy Advice for Auction Drafts – Andy Spiteri, Fantasy Alarm
- A Quarantined Auction – Tips and Prices to Ponder – Perry Van Hook, MastersBall.com
- Best 2020 Fantasy Baseball Auction Strategy Tips – Howard Bender, Fantasy Alarm
- 2020 Fantasy Baseball: Auction Overview & Strategies – Shawn Childs, SI.com
- Fantasy Baseball Auction Strategies to Set You Up for Success – Michael Waterloo on FantasyPros.com
- 2020 Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep: Scott White’s auction strategies, tips and guidelines – Scott White, CBS Sports
- FANTASY BASEBALL AUCTION DRAFT TIPS – Ryan Hallam on Fantasy Sports R Us
- Auction Draft Strategy – George Kurtz, Fantasy Data
- Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep: Auction Draft Strategy – Daniel Wheelock, Bleacher Report
- Free Fantasy Baseball Advice: Auction Draft Strategies – Justin K. Moreau, Fantasy Baseball Brass
- 2019 Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy: Auction Draft Tips – Glenn Colton, Sporting News
- How to Build a Budget – Patrick Davitt, Baseball HQ
- Auction Draft Strategy – Ray of RotoPicks.com
- Your guide on how to make auction nominations – Ariel Cohen, CBS Sports
- The Value of Using Tiers – Nick Mariano, RotoBaller
- 4-Part Series – Billy Johnston, RotoBaller
- Fibonacci’s Budget: A Strategic Approach to Dominating Auction Drafts – Jonathan Merkel, The Dynasty Guru
- Auction Draft: Advanced Strategies – 757 Fantasy League
- 11 Fantasy Baseball Auction Tips – Clave Jones, Just Fantasy Baseball
- Auction Budgeting (PDF) – Todd Zola, Mastersball
Also if you want to go into a little more depth with auction strategy as well as everything to do with winning at fantasy baseball, I highly recommend the book, Winning Fantasy Baseball: Secret Strategies of a Nine-Time National Champion, by Larry Schechter. This guy just wins and in this book goes over his basic auction strategies and talks about the challenges unique to mixed league auctions. Fantasy Sports Resource does get a portion of the sales if you buy from the link above, but no worries, it’s the same cost to you.