There’s no doubting that statistics are important in fantasy baseball. You can’t succeed without understanding the stats and properly valuing players. But the advent of advanced metrics and now StatCast data has had one detrimental effect. We’re so deluged with deep statistical dives into every player, that the industry has turned its back to some extent on Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy. We get so wrapped up in evaluating the MLB players that we forget fantasy baseball is a game unto itself. This post will hopefully address that issue. The links below are all focused exclusively on Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy and how you can make Draft Day a success.
We’ll do our best to include links for each of the ever-increasing formats we’re seeing in fantasy baseball. As always if you think we’re missing something, let us know in the comments below or use our Link Submission Page.
For now, I’ve included links from the past couple of seasons. Though the names may have changed the strategy can still help us. Once the content starts flowing for 2022 I’m sure we’ll have plenty more for your fantasy enjoyment.
Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy for 2022
- 9 Fantasy Baseball Draft Tips for 2022 – Doug Anderson, FantraxHQ.com
- Draft Strategy for Snake Drafts: 10-Round Recipe – Doug Anderson, FantraxHQ.com
- Openers and Closers: How to Navigate the Pitcher Pool in 2022 – Cristian Crespo, FantasyPros
- Who Should be the First Overall Pick in 2022 Drafts? – Steve Gesuele, Pitcher List
- Who’s #1? Early Look at Picking First Overall – David Emerick
- 2022 Dynasty Baseball Draft Strategy – Andrew Spurling
Draft Strategy from Previous Seasons
- Tips, advice for dominating in snake drafts – Greg Jewitt of Fantasy Alarm
- Fantasy 101 – How to Manage your Draft: Roto Strategies – Mark McElroy, Pitcher Lists
- Strategy Tips: Beginning, Middle, and End of Drafts – Paul Ghiglieri, FantasyPros
- How To Win Your Fantasy Baseball Leagues on Draft Day – JB Branson, RotoBaller
- 2020 Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep: Targets and strategies for every position – Chris Towers, CBS Sports
- Fantasy Draft Strategies on Reddit – A good thread on Reddit with various ideas offered up to help a new player experience a successful draft.
- Follow these tips for a successful fantasy draft – Fred Zinkie, MLB.com
- Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy – Chris Liss, RotoWireChris
- Draft Strategy: Focus on Hitters Early – Michael Waterloo, FantasyPros
- My perfect draft strategy for Points, Rotisserie and Head-to-Head Categories leagues – Heath Cummings, CBS Sports
- Why You Should Target Injury-Prone Pitchers (Sometimes) – Elliott Baas, RotBaller
- Draft your way to optimal daily decisions – Todd Zola, ESPN
- Draft Speed or Pound the Power – Ariel Cohen, RotoGraphs
- A Piece of Advice On Drafting Starting Pitching – Rudy Gamble, Razzball.com
- Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy: Keeper/Dynasty leagues – Matthew Selz, Fantasy Alarm (via Sporting News)
- What happens if you draft pitchers first? – Natty Wallach, Fake Teams
- Best Ball Drafting Strategies For Fantasy Baseball (Video) – Fantasy BFFs, FNTSY
- 5 Tips to a Successful Season – Bill Pivetz, FanSided
- Draft Strategy: A Beginners guide – Fantasy Blockbuster
- Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy: MLB’s New Schedule – Justin Mason, Fantasy Alarm
Again we’ll only be able to make this entire site work with your help. As they say, it takes a community to raise a fantasy baseball site. They did say that, right? Anywho, if we’ve missed something let us know in the comments below.